For Hire

Sunday, June 19, 2011

new summer heigths in the city hurt


photos by Carl Posey

Even if you are not in the fashion business or particularly fashionable, there is not a chance in the world that you could have missed the trend in new heights of the womans shoes. And if you live in New York City, you have been lucky enough to have enjoyed the amusing sight of a woman trying to make her way, over deep dark pot holes, dusty gravel, block wide vent grids, good old gobble stone streets and what not, stylishly and seemingly without any distress, cross town in her brand new platforms!

Not that those shoes were not in style before in the 1980's and the early Nineties and even the 70's actually, before the American sneakers stole the show and designers like me proclaimed that sneakers are even to be worn with evening gowns. Of course platforms are not new, but they are definitely in style again, actually they are the only old school shoe that seem new at the moment.

You have not bought yourself a wedge shoe yet?! Get going and get some band aids with them too, as, unless you spend a half a fortune on a high end wedge sandal, you'll get scratched. No matter how stylish you look and how good you manage walking down the bumpy roads, you will get hurt, let me tell you.

I experience it myself every single day of this Summer 2011 so far.



Well, it 'aint so pretty now 'aint it? I am now longing for the days when the good old Air Nike sneaker comes back in style...

5 comments:

Fajr | Stylish Thought said...

Awww man, that blows. I always find wedges more comfy than stilettos.

Alexis of NorthOnHarper said...

I am a wedge lover.... in fact-- just two weeks ago I was seen hiking through the vineyard covered hills in Germany in a pair. Seriously, true story!

I hope your feet heal!

IDILVICE said...

@Fajr, yeah I find wedges more comfy too (once they are walked in), I won't even try stilettos, that is a 'no no' on New York City's pavement...

IDILVICE said...

@Alexis, you are good! I can't quiet picture you doing that, but I guess I need more exercise!

Corinne Monique said...

platforms + wedges = my favourite ;) I love your coral Steve Madden ones!!! especially with the animal maxi skirt!!)

Corinne xoxo

about IDILVICE

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Just like the rare Swiss mountain flower Edelweiss - a symbol of prestige and distinction - the clothing brand IDILVICE (pronouced "Edel-vice") was born in the mountains of Switzerland and since then it's flourishing on the concrete of Manhattan and recently even in the rolling hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. However as the spelling indicates, the label is not meant to be associated with too much folkloric alpine tradition, but rather and probably in the contrary, with unconventionality. The IDILVICE label was founded in 1995 by Swiss Native fashion designer Idil from the city of Saint Gallen, Switzerland, who's foundation dates back to the 7th Century and which became famous for their quality textile products, especially embroidery textiles, which are still popular with Parisian Haute Couture designers today. In search for something less traditional, Master Graphic Designer Idil ventured out to New York City where she fell in love with American Pop Culture.