For Hire

Thursday, May 15, 2008

hottest mc in tha game


Best Rock Star Alive, Best MC, Man Of The Year, you name it! Lil Wayne has been called it all. That's right! This talented, although worry some cough syrup mixed with Hawaiian punch instead of regular water favoring individual, is hot!! And he is not afraid to die. Oh, get over it! Which 25 year old is...?



When I first laid my ears on his rap I must have completely lost it because, every time after time it was played on the radio (and he's played a lot - still not enough for me - here on the East Coast), I turned up that volume and just could not believe my ears! The words come out of his mouth like I never heard it in my hip hop adoring years since the life altering appearance of Ice T's O.G. in the early 90's (Original Gangster, for the pitty'd one's who are ignorant) and later Body Count of course.


Ice-T's LP above and ja,me, a true Rock 'N' Roll Punk babe,
just around the time I discovered Rap (as we know it today) in 1991..? It was also probably when my
obsession with prints on clothing started...

...and here a few years later wearing yet another one of my favorite rappers.... Snoop Dog, in print!


There may have been only one other rapper (or maybe 2, no, there are more) who I've found untouchably striking in the same way which is ODB (Old Dirty Bastard, you uneducated MF's) and I love Method Man.

Meth, courtesy of Carl Posey Photography


Now you got to go and hear for yourself 'cause there ain't no way for me to explain this voice, rap style and lyrics, without making a foul of myself (I tried to imitate :-0). But don't tell me later, I did not make you aware of this lil' (by no means little in talent) genius from New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.


Lil Wayne doin' his good thing



No comments:

about IDILVICE

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Just like the rare Swiss mountain flower Edelweiss - a symbol of prestige and distinction - the clothing brand IDILVICE (pronouced "Edel-vice") was born in the mountains of Switzerland and since then it's flourishing on the concrete of Manhattan and recently even in the rolling hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. However as the spelling indicates, the label is not meant to be associated with too much folkloric alpine tradition, but rather and probably in the contrary, with unconventionality. The IDILVICE label was founded in 1995 by Swiss Native fashion designer Idil from the city of Saint Gallen, Switzerland, who's foundation dates back to the 7th Century and which became famous for their quality textile products, especially embroidery textiles, which are still popular with Parisian Haute Couture designers today. In search for something less traditional, Master Graphic Designer Idil ventured out to New York City where she fell in love with American Pop Culture.