For Hire

Thursday, July 3, 2008

lady bunny and kaiser karl

Karl Lagerfeld is one of my top friends on my space. I adore his character and so do I love Lady Bunny.
She has been an inspiration to me since I moved to this darn town in 1992 and I remember she was already a huge star in the early nineties, when I was a proud witness of the Wigstock Festival which was then still held at the Tomkins Square Park, around the corner of my East Village studio (things were different then!). It was the time when Ru Paul sung "Supermodel", Linda Simpson came up and Dee Lite was performing and my goodness! - Groove was in the Heart!!

Innocent? Lady Bunny. Wigstock poster.


...for old times sake: me and friend at the Wigstock Festival in 1992...



To see them both, Bunny and Karl, side by side at the Visionaire hosted party aboard a yacht on the Seine, in Paris, the night before last, was mind buggeling! They make a great couple and even had a common sparkly fashion sense going on... Ahoi, to these immense trend setters!

They both have white hair too! FYI, in the back peeking through is YSL's Stefano Pilati.


No comments:

about IDILVICE

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Just like the rare Swiss mountain flower Edelweiss - a symbol of prestige and distinction - the clothing brand IDILVICE (pronouced "Edel-vice") was born in the mountains of Switzerland and since then it's flourishing on the concrete of Manhattan and recently even in the rolling hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. However as the spelling indicates, the label is not meant to be associated with too much folkloric alpine tradition, but rather and probably in the contrary, with unconventionality. The IDILVICE label was founded in 1995 by Swiss Native fashion designer Idil from the city of Saint Gallen, Switzerland, who's foundation dates back to the 7th Century and which became famous for their quality textile products, especially embroidery textiles, which are still popular with Parisian Haute Couture designers today. In search for something less traditional, Master Graphic Designer Idil ventured out to New York City where she fell in love with American Pop Culture.