For Hire

Monday, October 11, 2010

chocolate as an antidote

I am Swiss and I love chocolate! Hah! Surprised? Formerly known as a sort of sin and a bad nutritional choice, it has since been categorized as one of the great antioxidants to benefit our health (at least the dark chocolate). I use it in the studio as a quick pick me up in the afternoon and as a treat before bedtime.
In my teens and beyond I favored the milky kind chocolate while my mother preferred the dark bittersweet ones, which I always thought of to be pretty close to disgusting... well times have changed and so did my palate.

Nowadays I indulge in the darkest of chocolates, the more per cents of cacao the better! When I got wind of the Antidote Chocolate that my colleague Red came up with, all I wanted was taste it.

My opportunity came last week when Red announced the launch of Antidote Chocolates:

At the launch from left to right: Awa Kamara, Red Thalhammer, Nadine Buchler, Armando Forlin and IdilVice.


After tasting the 5 different kinds of flavors, I give the Antidote brand a thumbs up!

Antidote chocolate is made with raw and roasted organic cocoa, for a full aroma profile and potent health benefits. The 84% dark chocolate bars are flavored with dried fruits, flowers,spices and nuts. Named after Greek goddesses with the spirit to relieve body, mind and soul. Check out the different flavors! What's your favorite?




No comments:

about IDILVICE

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Just like the rare Swiss mountain flower Edelweiss - a symbol of prestige and distinction - the clothing brand IDILVICE (pronouced "Edel-vice") was born in the mountains of Switzerland and since then it's flourishing on the concrete of Manhattan and recently even in the rolling hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. However as the spelling indicates, the label is not meant to be associated with too much folkloric alpine tradition, but rather and probably in the contrary, with unconventionality. The IDILVICE label was founded in 1995 by Swiss Native fashion designer Idil from the city of Saint Gallen, Switzerland, who's foundation dates back to the 7th Century and which became famous for their quality textile products, especially embroidery textiles, which are still popular with Parisian Haute Couture designers today. In search for something less traditional, Master Graphic Designer Idil ventured out to New York City where she fell in love with American Pop Culture.