For Hire

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

fashionable sparkling water


I am a big sparkling water fan. Primarily because I really like to drink it (you can't satisfy me with sugary soda) but also to try to ward off and dilute any bad ingredients that I might take in with the water that comes through the faucet at home, which I already filter. My favorite of all is Valser Wasser, but that is exclusively available in Switzerland to the Swiss citizens and since I reside in the US, I have got to go with others, until they are importing it (they are importing Rivella, so it shouldn't be too long). But I also like to change it up. Mostly it's the kind that contain at least some per centage of calcium. I drink Perrier, Pellegrino, Blu Italy, Gerolsteiner and many more... Sure, they all taste different.

So for me, water is already very fashionable but when I saw the Missoni Pellegrino at Pastis in the Meatpacking District, I knew a new wave of fashion waters has arrived. I am pretty sure Missoni pays Pellegrino to be on their branded bottle. A nice and easy way to promote Italian fashion. Pellegrino water is available everywhere in New York and it is a healthy beverage. I wonder if we see Gucci Pellegrino or Prada Pellegrino in the near future... what about Giorgio Armani Pellegrino? Maybe Pellegrino has to pay them... Anyway, I just wanted to fill you in on maybe the most fashionable drink in Manhattan today.




No comments:

about IDILVICE

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Just like the rare Swiss mountain flower Edelweiss - a symbol of prestige and distinction - the clothing brand IDILVICE (pronouced "Edel-vice") was born in the mountains of Switzerland and since then it's flourishing on the concrete of Manhattan and recently even in the rolling hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. However as the spelling indicates, the label is not meant to be associated with too much folkloric alpine tradition, but rather and probably in the contrary, with unconventionality. The IDILVICE label was founded in 1995 by Swiss Native fashion designer Idil from the city of Saint Gallen, Switzerland, who's foundation dates back to the 7th Century and which became famous for their quality textile products, especially embroidery textiles, which are still popular with Parisian Haute Couture designers today. In search for something less traditional, Master Graphic Designer Idil ventured out to New York City where she fell in love with American Pop Culture.