For Hire

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

props all around

O.K. I admit: I would never have been able to do it alone. We all need people to get us where we want to go - anyone who thinks otherwise is making a fool of themselves - I had so much help and support - left and right - and it would take this blog days and weeks to give credit... let's face it: I'll never be able to GIVE CREDIT TO EVERYONE.

The people who think they do deserve credit: here I am saying: YOU deserve it. This post is for everyone who gets credit for anything he/she (you know who you are!) has done for idil vice and also to give credit to my longtime, friend and husband and lover, partner and professional photographer CARL POSEY.

Carl Posey has a vision not given naturally to most. He is a special child of creative intuition. I have watched him work many times and some of the times I have just seen the product - and always - it looks like - the pictures are real, simply true and striking at first glance and last. Many of them have become iconic in the meantime and are timeless.

There are many, many images that go through my head when I think Carl Posey... whenever you see an unusually striking image anywhere and also within my collections, they most likely are Carl Posey's honorable depictions... here are some of the newest ones (mind you - fashion shots - he's got a much bigger range) with model "English Muffin" Olivia.





Yeah - I am one of those lucky fashion designers to have the photographer - and one of the very best - right at my doorstep at all times!!! Thanks Carlito - I love and cherish you!

No comments:

about IDILVICE

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Just like the rare Swiss mountain flower Edelweiss - a symbol of prestige and distinction - the clothing brand IDILVICE (pronouced "Edel-vice") was born in the mountains of Switzerland and since then it's flourishing on the concrete of Manhattan and recently even in the rolling hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. However as the spelling indicates, the label is not meant to be associated with too much folkloric alpine tradition, but rather and probably in the contrary, with unconventionality. The IDILVICE label was founded in 1995 by Swiss Native fashion designer Idil from the city of Saint Gallen, Switzerland, who's foundation dates back to the 7th Century and which became famous for their quality textile products, especially embroidery textiles, which are still popular with Parisian Haute Couture designers today. In search for something less traditional, Master Graphic Designer Idil ventured out to New York City where she fell in love with American Pop Culture.