For Hire

Saturday, August 29, 2009

the ones who were there

I was just 3 years old in the Summer of 1969. I did not make it to Woodstock. I asked myself, so who WAS actually there? Who ARE those people and where ARE all those hippies now? Surely they must be old now. Was there still a way to recognize them? None of my friends, family members or colleagues were at Woodstock. So WHO was?

Little did I know that they would eventually make themselves heard. I mean I am wearing my red Woodstock Dress all over town and get a lot of compliments on it.

One recent night at a roof party on the West Side highway in Greenwich Village this lady Rosemarie comes up to me and says: "Wow, I love your dress! You know I was there. At the Festival." I told her I never met anyone who WAS there and that she is the first. She mentioned her husband - who WAS there with her - was somewhere around the roof top and she wanted to introduce me and my dress. So I met Warren, my first Woodstock Hippie man! They said they could almost not remember anything about the festival! Rosemarie, originally from the Bronx, thinks they actually missed Jimi Hendrix, because they went home early because it was raining, but she could not recall for sure. They were very sweet and we took some pictures.

...Rosemarie & Warren Dobbs, the first hippies i ever met who were at the Woodstock Festival...

...me in my red Woodstock Dress flanked by 2 original Woodstock hippies...
...all photographs by Carl Posey...


BTW, I haven't seen the movie yet, because none of my friends wants to go see this movie..??!! Well, I can wait too, maybe it is available on DVD soon...




2 comments:

toni tone said...

absolutely stunning photograph!

jackie said...

where can i get this dress?!?!?!?

my e-mail is jacquelynd89@yahoo.com

about IDILVICE

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Just like the rare Swiss mountain flower Edelweiss - a symbol of prestige and distinction - the clothing brand IDILVICE (pronouced "Edel-vice") was born in the mountains of Switzerland and since then it's flourishing on the concrete of Manhattan and recently even in the rolling hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. However as the spelling indicates, the label is not meant to be associated with too much folkloric alpine tradition, but rather and probably in the contrary, with unconventionality. The IDILVICE label was founded in 1995 by Swiss Native fashion designer Idil from the city of Saint Gallen, Switzerland, who's foundation dates back to the 7th Century and which became famous for their quality textile products, especially embroidery textiles, which are still popular with Parisian Haute Couture designers today. In search for something less traditional, Master Graphic Designer Idil ventured out to New York City where she fell in love with American Pop Culture.