For Hire

Monday, August 25, 2008

helmut lang sweets

helmut lang installation detail, 2008


How do YOU manage this?
My post ideas folder is getting thicker and fuller... (I do have a very busy and challenging fashion business to run :O) ... to prevent it from bursting, I must get rid of some of them, risking to reveal the immense delay... but better late than never, hey? (I do have a very busy and challenging fashion business to run)!!

This one's fabulous! Helmut Lang's (a most prominent, influential cultural figure of our time) first institutional solo exhibition "Alles Gleich Schwer" August 31st through November 2nd, 2008 in Hannover, Germany.

"The continuity is that I'm expressing what's important to me with the appropriate form, content and context through different mediums and other dimensions." HL

I love this installation! Ever since I laid eyes on it, I have not been able to forget it. It reminds me of really good and tasty sweets with lots of dark chocolate, caramel ganache and nuts and peanut butter... :D

Servus Helmut! We loved you as a fashion designer/artist and we love you as an artist without so much fashion (although isn't this fabric??)

I am envious that you have the opportunity to explore this, Helmut. That is what life in it's most perfect form is about, right? Explore what interests you and freely move around and try different things, if this is what you care about... right? I envy you.


No comments:

about IDILVICE

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Just like the rare Swiss mountain flower Edelweiss - a symbol of prestige and distinction - the clothing brand IDILVICE (pronouced "Edel-vice") was born in the mountains of Switzerland and since then it's flourishing on the concrete of Manhattan and recently even in the rolling hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. However as the spelling indicates, the label is not meant to be associated with too much folkloric alpine tradition, but rather and probably in the contrary, with unconventionality. The IDILVICE label was founded in 1995 by Swiss Native fashion designer Idil from the city of Saint Gallen, Switzerland, who's foundation dates back to the 7th Century and which became famous for their quality textile products, especially embroidery textiles, which are still popular with Parisian Haute Couture designers today. In search for something less traditional, Master Graphic Designer Idil ventured out to New York City where she fell in love with American Pop Culture.