For Hire

Thursday, August 28, 2008

pretty feminine men

Hey! Guys keep telling me to make men's clothes...
I only do it occasionally for a dude or two and my dad of course, who deserves a good men's piece of idil vice any day. Other than that, I just don't think for men really and I always thought I'd make a men look gay anyway, and unless one IS gay, that would not be appreciated...

Hey, hey, but as of late there is a lot of gender bending happening and I might design a couple of things for mister.

Tons of feminine men's wear is to be found everywhere, just look around. I really liked this ruffled cowgirl/boy blouse from the Fall/Winter '08 collection of French designer Alexis Mabille. Pretty feminine!

alexis mabille Fall/Winter 2008


No comments:

about IDILVICE

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Just like the rare Swiss mountain flower Edelweiss - a symbol of prestige and distinction - the clothing brand IDILVICE (pronouced "Edel-vice") was born in the mountains of Switzerland and since then it's flourishing on the concrete of Manhattan and recently even in the rolling hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. However as the spelling indicates, the label is not meant to be associated with too much folkloric alpine tradition, but rather and probably in the contrary, with unconventionality. The IDILVICE label was founded in 1995 by Swiss Native fashion designer Idil from the city of Saint Gallen, Switzerland, who's foundation dates back to the 7th Century and which became famous for their quality textile products, especially embroidery textiles, which are still popular with Parisian Haute Couture designers today. In search for something less traditional, Master Graphic Designer Idil ventured out to New York City where she fell in love with American Pop Culture.