For Hire

Sunday, October 19, 2008

recycled t-shirts


That's right! A while ago I have registered the domain RecycledTshirt.com and I am pretty sure that that was a very, very good move as I will soon add another online business to my repertoire... and the name says it: T-shirt Recycling!

The idea is to finally, officially offer my customers to take the chance and hand over their old collection of fabulous T-Shirts and let my design team work them into some pretty amazing "new" pieces. There will be a bunch of styles to choose from, so get ready for some really exiting One-Of-A-Kind fashion!

I started taking this process (recycling) to a complete new level, when in the early 1990's (the age of the Tank Girl and girly fashion) I was searching for tight fitting t-shirts - without success (really, there weren't any fitting t-shirts for woman at all and if you were a trend setter in those same shoes, you know what I am talking about) - and whilst shopping in the children's departments, I decided to just make the XXL t-shirt which I adored, but which looked ridiculously hideous on me, into a fitted garment. Over the years I have become very professional at this craft of patchworking!

I am also taking full credit for inventing the t-skirt, a skirt made from a t-shirt.

This is a recent dress I made for one of my private clients (who saw my surf t-shirt dress, which I published here a while ago) who is currently putting together her collection of old Grateful Dead shirts for an up coming new recycling project.

t-shirt recycling service available soon on T-ShirtRecycling.com


No comments:

about IDILVICE

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Just like the rare Swiss mountain flower Edelweiss - a symbol of prestige and distinction - the clothing brand IDILVICE (pronouced "Edel-vice") was born in the mountains of Switzerland and since then it's flourishing on the concrete of Manhattan and recently even in the rolling hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. However as the spelling indicates, the label is not meant to be associated with too much folkloric alpine tradition, but rather and probably in the contrary, with unconventionality. The IDILVICE label was founded in 1995 by Swiss Native fashion designer Idil from the city of Saint Gallen, Switzerland, who's foundation dates back to the 7th Century and which became famous for their quality textile products, especially embroidery textiles, which are still popular with Parisian Haute Couture designers today. In search for something less traditional, Master Graphic Designer Idil ventured out to New York City where she fell in love with American Pop Culture.