For Hire

Sunday, October 18, 2009

sweet anticipation


Past feelings and thought processes can seem unreal, disconnected or simply overrated if looked over years later, have you experienced that?

I am now living and working in these United States of America since the year 1992, well rather, that was when I first put my pretty little feet onto this gravel, it took a couple of years for me to figure out how to live and work here, but putting details aside, it was 1992. That's 17 years ago honey and soon it'll be 18.

So from almost a fifth of a Century ago, here is a picture of me put "en scene" in 1992, a time when I already visited New York once and knew I was going to live there. So it was in sweet anticipation that I made this self portrait. I think it is adorable how much work I put into it, dressed as Wonder Woman - note the apples on my head and the big apple bag - "Just how sweet is it that they call New York the Big Apple?" - must have been what I was thinking...

And you guessed right, that is King Kong in my hand! Handmade by Jack Fäh a fellow from my hometown St. Gallen who was good at these kind of things. All that was missing was the skyline and sure enough I managed to paint that mural... I have a masters in graphic design, in case you didn't know. So yeah, that was done in a snap!

And all this because of a little sweet anticipation about moving to New York City - It's grand!



No comments:

about IDILVICE

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Just like the rare Swiss mountain flower Edelweiss - a symbol of prestige and distinction - the clothing brand IDILVICE (pronouced "Edel-vice") was born in the mountains of Switzerland and since then it's flourishing on the concrete of Manhattan and recently even in the rolling hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. However as the spelling indicates, the label is not meant to be associated with too much folkloric alpine tradition, but rather and probably in the contrary, with unconventionality. The IDILVICE label was founded in 1995 by Swiss Native fashion designer Idil from the city of Saint Gallen, Switzerland, who's foundation dates back to the 7th Century and which became famous for their quality textile products, especially embroidery textiles, which are still popular with Parisian Haute Couture designers today. In search for something less traditional, Master Graphic Designer Idil ventured out to New York City where she fell in love with American Pop Culture.