For Hire

Saturday, December 12, 2009

in work mode flirting with holidays

It's so close to the holidays now and many of my colleagues and friends have already departed and if they aren't getting ready to board a plane they'll hit the road to go to where they're spending those last days of the year - kinda glad this one's over, aren't you? Not me though, I mean, I am not hitting the road just yet, I am still in work mode, editing photos from our late night shoots in the studio and the Meat Packing District (I told you about the discovery of all the murals there).

monique wears an idilvicefashionrocks madonna skirt $75, ralph lauren tuxedo blazer $650, helmut lang v-neck tee $80, repetto sandals $335 and rick owens leggings $495, hat & jewelry stylist's own. photo by carl posey.


I am in love with this photo, without exaggeration. It really makes me feel like I did my part to close this season in a fine way! I feel fulfilled, ready to stretch out and indulge in some time off, soon anyway. Like I usually do. What might be on my plate this time around?



A holiday in far and away Thailand?

...idilvice in bankok, thailand, dressed in vintage...



Maybe even a trip to the beautiful, historic Catalonian city Barcelona? No wait - How about ancient Egypt? Cairo!

...idilvice in cairo, egypt, dressed in vintage...


Well, I won't give it away...

...idilvice in barcelona, spain, dressed in vintage...


...but I am flirting with holidays!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If those last pants were actually a skirt, I'd be all over it..

If not, the lines look like they're er.. edging towards the middle of her legs too much

Style on a String :: Because style has nothing to do with money.

about IDILVICE

My photo
New York, NY, United States
Just like the rare Swiss mountain flower Edelweiss - a symbol of prestige and distinction - the clothing brand IDILVICE (pronouced "Edel-vice") was born in the mountains of Switzerland and since then it's flourishing on the concrete of Manhattan and recently even in the rolling hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. However as the spelling indicates, the label is not meant to be associated with too much folkloric alpine tradition, but rather and probably in the contrary, with unconventionality. The IDILVICE label was founded in 1995 by Swiss Native fashion designer Idil from the city of Saint Gallen, Switzerland, who's foundation dates back to the 7th Century and which became famous for their quality textile products, especially embroidery textiles, which are still popular with Parisian Haute Couture designers today. In search for something less traditional, Master Graphic Designer Idil ventured out to New York City where she fell in love with American Pop Culture.